Monday 11 January 2010

surface tension: causes

my eldest son, Rudi helped me to set up this site, but i hadn't quite understood what it was for at the time.
and so after some weeks, i'm just beginning to realise that i can use it to talk about the world, the environment, my place in it and find my own way of expressing my experience.
i have to thank some other bloggers for this, my shitty twenties, my boyfriend is a twat,and others, one of which led me to a site which acknowledges the memory of Alexandra David-Neel http://www.alexandra-david-neel.org/index_stat.htm , who I read when i was in my twenties some 40 years ago... Magic and Mystery in Tibet... she was the first female to be admitted into the echelons of the Tibetan Buddhists as a lady lama.
I was fascinated by her accounts of the journeys she made in the foothills of Tibet, encountering mystics and ascetic madmen.
One of whom was notable for referring to the priests as 'insects groveling in the dung' an expression which i recall relishing as my own experiences with some teachers & rabbi's had been peppered with punitive acts and derogatory sarcasm. (except for one rabbi who couldn't have been a more delightful man)
i'm not sure where i'm going with this, and it's a bit alarming how easy it is to rake up old memories, so i will stop now and think about it a bit more..
in the meantime thanks to all who take the time to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive